|TORONTO, Ont. — Showcasing more than 1,000 cars, trucks and SUVs, the latest in automotive technology and featuring nostalgic classics, the Canadian International AutoShow has opened ticket sales for its 2020 show.
Presented by the Toronto Star and wheels.ca, the AutoShow is Canada’s largest consumer show, attracting nearly 360,000 annual attendees to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in each of the past two years. With another solid roster of new and interesting cars planned for the show floor in 2020, AutoShow General Manager Jason Campbell is confident this trend will continue.
“This year more than ever the industry is evolving with new technologies coming to the forefront, and innovative new products attracting consumers looking to upgrade,” says Mr. Campbell. “The Ontario marketplace offers global manufacturers an affluent and growing consumer base, which is why we continue to attract more brands showcasing new product here than any other auto show in North America.”
With the theme Transformative Times, expect to see the latest in automotive innovation at the 2020 AutoShow, including the winners of the 2020 Automotive Journalists Association of Canada Innovation Awards, presented by the AutoShow.
Awarded on October 29th at AJAC’s annual TestFest event, this year’s winners are:
- Best Green Innovation — Porsche Taycan 800-Volt Architecture: This quick charging technology can provide up to 100-kilometres of battery charge in just five minutes. It is the fastest charging vehicle on the market, and makes electric vehicle travel more convenient than ever.
- Best Safety Innovation — Hyundai Blind-Spot View Mirror: Using 360-degree camera technology to project a wide-angle view of adjacent lanes, it is activated when the driver turns on the signal indicator. A display on the gauge cluster shows the driver either the left or right lane with greater range than a regular mirror, allowing lane changes to happen more safely.
- Best Technical Innovation — FCA Ram Blind Spot Monitoring with Trailer Detection: Providing a safer way to tow, this technology automatically detects the length of the trailer when it is connected. Using this information, it can alert the driver if another vehicle is in the vehicle or trailer blind spot, allowing the driver to make safe lane changes while towing.
“The Canadian International AutoShow is pleased to continue our association with AJAC’s Automotive Innovation Awards,” says Mr. Campbell. “The theme for the 2020 Canadian International AutoShow is Transformative Times, which speaks to the ever-evolving landscape of today’s automotive industry. The innovations celebrated here are among the highlights of that evolution, and we’re pleased to support AJAC journalists in showcasing them for Canadian consumers, and giving consumers a chance to learn more about them all at the AutoShow.”
This year’s AutoShow will also contain some fan favourites as well as all new features that will excite car lovers and casual fans alike:
- The Cobble Beach Classics has consistently been amongst the most anticipated AutoShow features since it debuted six years ago. This year, in partnership with Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance, it returns celebrating some of the disruptors of the Industry
- Another favourite, Auto Exotica, will once again put the cars of your dreams on the show floor, and feature some of the most exotic vehicles from around the world.
- A wide selection of more than 20 electric vehicles from global auto manufacturers will be on display, and available for test drives in both the North and South Buildings of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- A peek into the future with the latest concept cars coming from the minds of some of the world’s leading car designers.
The 2020 AutoShow will be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre from February 14th to 23rd. Early Bird tickets are now available at autoshow.ca for $18.75 — a 25 per cent savings from the at-the-door admission price of $25 that will be in effect until New Year’s Eve. Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, you can still save money by buying tickets online at a 10 per cent discount until the show opens on Friday, February 14th, the start of the Family Day long weekend in Ontario.
Media accreditation to the 2020 AutoShow is now online and can be requested at autoshow.ca/media-registration.