Call for Entries and IFFO – A NEW live action film festival in Ottawa
Call for Entries
In case you missed the news, The Ottawa International Animation Festival is accepting entries. The OIAF invites animators worldwide to submit their recent work to the following categories:
- Feature Film Competition
- Independent Short Film Competition
(Narrative and Non-Narrative)
- Student Animation Competition
- Commissioned Films Competition
- Animation Made for Young Audiences Competition (Preschool and 6-12)
- Virtual Reality (VR) Competition
- Animated Series Competition
The entry deadline is May 31 and there is no fee.
1. Read the rules and regulations and the FAQ to make sure your film to good to go and you know what you are doing. Click here
Once you are logged in, head to the user menu and enter away!
In the meantime, the OIAF team has been hard at work on…
March 25 to 29 the International Film Festival of Ottawa (IFFO) is rolling out the red carpet for cinema fans in Ottawa and beyond. IFFO is bringing the best new cinema from Canada and around the world to the City. Click for this year’s line-up of features and shorts.
IFFO is also offering Ottawa’s production community a day-long event at Club SAW. The Screen Summit is a professional development event consisting of informative presentations, workshops, panels and networking events that aim to strengthen and inspire.
- Digital Producer and Media Consultant, Michelle McIver talks with the different funding agencies to share key information on successfully accessing and integrating tax credits and funding into your next project.
- ACTRA presents a seminar on directing actors with Robert Bockstael
- Get inspired with case studies on the some truly innovative projects including a look at the playful fiction/documentary hybrid feature L.A. Tea Time with director Sophie Bédard Marcotte ALSO Mindfudge a new CBC Gem show that started on Instagram.
Plus an intimate networking lunch at Play AND cocktail hour courtesy of Welch LLP and TAC. Buy passes HERE
Also at IFFO – it’s the launch of the OIAF’s touring program EyeCANdy which includes Emily Pelstring’s 1980s-inspired neon “fever dream” Insect Express, Charlie Tyrell’s Oscar nominated My Dead Dad’s Porno Tapes, Valerie Barnhart’s Vimeo award-winner The Girl in the Hallway, and Ivan Li’s provocative conversation-starter Finding Uranus – plus many more.